1848 - 1931 (82 years)
||Elizabeth Ann Farmer [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6] |
||17 Oct 1848
||Rye Gate, Sussex Co, England
||Splittlegate Houghton & Walton, Lincolnshire Co, England
||25 May 1856
||Liverpool, Lancashire Co, England
|96th Company of Elder Edward Martin on the Horizon |
||30 Jun 1856
||Constitution Wharf, Boston, Suffolk Co, Massachusetts, USA
|96th Company of Elder Edward Martin on the Horizon |
||22 Aug 1860
||Fort Herriman, Salt Lake Co, Utah, USA
||5 Feb 1931
||Herriman, Salt Lake Co, Utah, USA
||9 Feb 1931
||Herriman City Cemetery, Herriman, Salt Lake Co, Utah, USA
||10 Sep 2006 |
||James Morris Farmer, b. 12 Nov 1816, Ledbury, Herefordshire Co, England , d. 25 Jan 1895, Herriman, Salt Lake Co, Utah, USA (Age 78 years) |
||Sarah Trussler, b. 28 Jan 1817, Steyning, Sussex Co, England , d. 26 Aug 1851, Steyning, Sussex Co, England (Age 34 years) |
||5 Feb 1842
||Lewes, Sussex Co, England
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||1860 U.S. Census|
West Jordan, Salt Lake Co, Utah (300KB): "James Farmer" family
||Horizon Passenger List [25 May - 30 Jun 1856]|
Horizon Passenger List from the Mormon Immigration Index. List contains names of the Farmer family: Agnes Ann, Ann M., Elizabeth, Elizabeth F., Emma Jane, Harriet, James, Mary, Mary Ann, Richard, and Willard
||1851 British Census|
1851 British Census - James Farmer family at 106 Spring Gardens
Headstone of Elizabeth Ann FARMER Butterfield at Herriman City Cemetery
Headstone of Almon Butterfield, Elizabeth Ann FARMER Butterfield, and Sarah M. at Herriman City Cemetery
||Fellow Horizon Passenger Diary|
Diary of Samuel Openshaw. The diary of a fellow voyager on the Horizon, during the Farmer Family's journey to "Zion."
History of Elizabeth Ann FARMER Butterfield, written by Jeanne Davis Cutler
||Horizon Voyage Report [25 May - 30 Jun 1856]|
Ship Voyage of the Horizon. This ship's voyage held many LDS passengers bound for "Zion," including several members of the Farmer family. This report is a small collection compiled from the Mormon Immigration Index and was transcribed by Chad G. Nichols
- Both Horizon Passenger List and 1860 U.S. Census list her name as Elizabeth F. Farmer.
- [S756] Nichols Online Library, Digital Documents Researched and Scanned by Chad Nichols & Relatives, Nichols, Chad G., (Catalogue of over 40,000 relatives with more than 5,000 of them having documentation to support their place in the family tree. Some recent generation surnames include Anderson, Broman, Campbell, Cloward, Conder, Dutson, Ericksen, Farmer, Holyoak, Kump, Kylen, Mendenhall, Nichols, Nielson, O'Donnell, Richardson, Roberts, Shelley, Stone, and Walker. Most ancestors are from England, Denmark, Sweden, and Germany.
7783 S 4950 W
West Jordan, UT 84081
USA) (Reliability: 3).
1851 British Census - 003189; Horizon History - 000150; Samuel Openshaw Diary - 000151; Horizon Passenger List - 000152; 1860 U.S. Census - 000153; Grave Markers - 000170, 000171; History - 002625
- [S408] 1860 United States Federal Census, United States. Census Office. 8th Census, 1860, (Washington [District of Columbia] : The National Archives, [19--]
Microfilm of original records in the National Archives, Washington, D.C.), P 287 (Reliability: 3).
West Jordan Post Office, Salt Lake, Utah: "James Farmer," age 43, Stone Cutter, value of real estate 200, value of personal estate 200, birthplace England; "Mary A," age 30, birthplace England; "Emma J," age 17, birthplace England; "Agnes A," age 15, birthplace England; "Elizabeth F," age 11, birthplace England; "Sarah J," age 2, birthplace Utah
- [S738] Emigrating Journals of The Willie and Martin Handcart Companies and The Hunt and Hodgett Wagon Trains, Turner, Lynne Slater, (Taylorsville, Utah : Aug 1996, 254p (incl index)), P 189 (Reliability: 3).
FARMER, James 39 Mason
Mary Ann 26
Emma J. 12
Agnes A. 10
Willard 50 (traveled with them on the ship)
Included in the member list of the John A. Hunt Wagon Train
- [S241] Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel Index, 1847-1868 ©, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, (Salt Lake City, UT : 2004-2007 [online] http://www.lds.org/churchhistory/library This index is the most complete listing of individuals and companies in which Mormon pioneer emigrants traveled west to Utah from 1847 through 1868. It is an incomplete listing, as rosters have not been found for all companies. It also identifies sources to learn more about the experiences of each company.) (Reliability: 3).
Dan Jones - John A. Hunt Company with about 300 individuals and 56 wagons departed Iowa City 1 Aug 1856, arrived Salt Lake Valley between 10 and 15 Dec 1856; Lists James Morris Farmer (age 40), Mary Ann Biddles Farmer (age 28), Mary Jane Farmer (age 26), Emma Jane Farmer (age 13), Agnes Ann Farmer (age 11), & Elizabeth Ann Farmer (age 8)
- [S283] Mormon Immigration Index ©, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Genealogical Department., (Salt Lake City : Genealogical Society of Utah, 2000 [CD-ROM]) (Reliability: 3).
96th Company of Elder Edward Martin on the Horizon departed Liverpool, England 25 May 1856, arrived Boston, Massachusetts 30 Jun 1856, departed Boston 2 Jul 1856 by Rail, arrived Iowa City 8 Jul 1856; Lists Elizabeth Farmer (age 67), James Morris Farmer (age 39), Harriet Polly Farmer (age 39), Richard Farmer (age 33), Mary Jane Farmer (age 26), Mary Ann Biddles Farmer (age 26), Emma Jane Farmer (age 12), Agnes Ann Farmer (age 11), Ann M. Farmer (age 11), Elizabeth Ann Farmer (age 7), & Willard Farmer (infant)
- [S177] 1851 England Census [database online], Ancestry.com, (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005. Original data: Census Returns of England and Wales, 1851. Kew, Surrey, England: The National Archives of the UK (TNA): Public Record Office (PRO), 1851. Data imaged from the National Archives, London, England. The 1851 Census for England was taken on the night of 30 March 1851) (Reliability: 3).
106 Spring Gardens, Splittlegate Houghton & Walton, Lincolnshire - James Farmer family:
--James, age 34, Stone Mason, b. ?, Herts
--Sarah, age 36, b. Steyning, Sussex
--Emma, age 7, b. Steyning, Sussex
--Agnes, age 6, b. Steyning, Sussex
--Frederic, age 4, b. Horley, Sussex
--Elizabeth, age 2, b. Reigate, Sussex