1832 - 1903 (70 years)
||Mary Amanda Kump [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] |
||16 Dec 1832
||Mahoning Co, Ohio, USA
||Amanda Story; Mandy Story |
||31 Jul 1850
||Koshkonong, Jefferson Co, Wisconsin, USA
||14 Sep 1850
||Stevens Point, Portage Co, Wisconsin, USA
||19 Jun 1860
||Sumner Twp, Jefferson Co, Wisconsin, USA
||27 Jun 1870
||Fort Atkinson, Jefferson Co, Wisconsin, USA
||5 Jun 1880
||Tremont Twp, Solano Co, California, USA
||10 Sep 1903
||Moroni, Sanpete Co, Utah, USA [6, 7]
||13 Sep 1903
||Moroni City Cemetery, Moroni, Sanpete Co, Utah, USA
||6 Mar 2009 |
||David Kump, b. 6 May 1801, Dover Twp, York Co, Pennsylvania, USA , d. 27 Jan 1872, Sumner Twp, Jefferson Co, Wisconsin, USA (Age 70 years) |
||Barbara Naylor, b. 25 Jan 1806, York Co, Pennsylvania, USA , d. 19 Feb 1880, Sumner Twp, Jefferson Co, Wisconsin, USA (Age 74 years) |
||Christ Lutheran Church, York, York Co, Pennsylvania, USA [8, 9]
- CHILDREN: Laura C. Kump indicates there may be another child, Ese, b. Feb 1836 - "There is a picture of him in the Cooley Album"
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||George Anderson Story, b. 9 Jun 1826, St. Lawrence, St. Lawrence Co, New York, USA , d. 3 Apr 1900, Moroni, Sanpete Co, Utah, USA (Age 73 years) |
||8 Aug 1849
||Stevens Point, Portage Co, Wisconsin, USA [10, 11, 12]
|+||1. Rosina V. Story, b. 8 Oct 1850, Stevens Point, Portage Co, Wisconsin, USA , d. 12 Mar 1903, Napa Co, California, USA (Age 52 years)|
| ||2. Martha Jane Story, b. 9 Apr 1852, Stevens Point, Portage Co, Wisconsin, USA , d. 1868 (Age 15 years)|
|+||3. George William Story, b. 7 Jun 1854, Stevens Point, Portage Co, Wisconsin, USA , d. 11 Mar 1934, Moroni, Sanpete Co, Utah, USA (Age 79 years)|
| ||4. Edward Lewis Story, b. 1858, Fort Atkinson, Jefferson Co, Wisconsin, USA , d. 17 Aug|
|+||5. Eveline Story, b. 25 Mar 1862, Fort Atkinson, Jefferson Co, Wisconsin, USA , d. 17 Aug 1955, Blackfoot, Bingham Co, Idaho, USA (Age 93 years)|
|+||6. Emeline Story, b. 25 Mar 1862, Fort Atkinson, Jefferson Co, Wisconsin, USA , d. 21 Aug 1927, Chilly, Custer Co, Idaho, USA (Age 65 years)|
|+||7. Addie Mellissa Story, b. 18 Mar 1867, Fort Atkinson, Jefferson Co, Wisconsin, USA , d. 1 Jan 1891, Utah, USA (Age 23 years)|
||13 Apr 2007 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
Portrait of George Anderson Story and Mary Amanda KUMP Story. Scanned from a copy in possession of Robert Kump. Chad G. Nichols also has a copy, but has some bleed-through writing on the back. Two captions: "Grampa Kump's sister and her husband, Manda Kump" and "Mary Amanda, Manda daughter of David."
- BIRTH: Ancestral File lists birthdate 7 Dec 1832. Grave marker lists birthdate 16 Dec 1832. Laura C. Kump lists b. 16 Dec 1832 or 9 Dec 1834
DEATH: Ancestral File lists deathdate 19 Sep 1903. Grave marker lists deathdate 10 Sep 1903.
- [S756] Nichols Online Library, Digital Documents Researched and Scanned by Chad Nichols & Relatives, Nichols, Chad G., (Catalogue of over 40,000 relatives with more than 5,000 of them having documentation to support their place in the family tree. Some recent generation surnames include Anderson, Broman, Campbell, Cloward, Conder, Dutson, Ericksen, Farmer, Holyoak, Kump, Kylen, Mendenhall, Nichols, Nielson, O'Donnell, Richardson, Roberts, Shelley, Stone, and Walker. Most ancestors are from England, Denmark, Sweden, and Germany.
7783 S 4950 W
West Jordan, UT 84081
USA) (Reliability: 3).
1850 U.S. Census - 000208
1860 U.S. Census - 000196
1880 U.S. Census - 001480
Portrait - 001194
Obituary - 004980
Grave Markers - 001202, 001203
- [S420] 1850 United States Federal Census, United States. Bureau of the Census. 7th Census, 1850, (Washington [District of Columbia] : National Archives and Records Administration
Microfilm of original records in the National Archives, Washington, D.C.), 24 (Reliability: 3).
Koshkonong, Jefferson, Wisconsin - David Kump Family:
--David Kump, age 50, Farmer, value of real esate owned $700, birthplace Pennsylvania
--Barbara, age 45, birthplace Pennsylvania
--Edward, age 21, Laborer, birthplace Pennsylvania
--Zachariah, age 20, Laborer, birthplace Pennsylvania
--Amanda, age 18, birthplace Ohio
--Lewis, age 14, birthplace Ohio
--Harriet, age 12, birthplace Ohio
--Israel, age 7, birthplace Ohio
- [S408] 1860 United States Federal Census, United States. Census Office. 8th Census, 1860, (Washington [District of Columbia] : The National Archives, [19--]
Microfilm of original records in the National Archives, Washington, D.C.), P 88 (Reliability: 3).
Sumner Twp, Jefferson Co, Wisconsin - Geo Story Family:
--Geo Story, age 30, Day Laborer, birthplace NY
--Amanda, age 27, birthplace OH
--Ranna, age 10, birthplace WI
--Martha, age 8, birthplace WI
--William, age 6, birthplace WI
--Edward, age 2, birthplace WI
- [S117] 1880 United States Federal Census, United States. Bureau of the Census. 10th Census, 1880, (Washington [District of Columbia] : The National Archives, [19--]
Microfilm of original records in the National Archives, Washington, D.C.), P. 7, SUP DIST 3, ENUM DIST 117 (Reliability: 3).
Tremont Twp, Solano, California:
--Dwight Cooly," age 54, Farmer, birthplace New York, parentage Massachusetts
--Rosana," age 29, wife, Keeping House, birthplace Wisconsin, mother's birthplace Pennsylvania
--Minna," age 8, birthplace Wisconsin
--William A," age 5, birthplace California
--Edwan D," 3 mos, birthplace California
--Manda Story," age 49, mother-in-law, birthplace Pennsylvania, parentage Pennsylvania
--Adda," age 13, sister-in-law, birthplace Wisconsin, parentage Pennsylvania
--Isrel Kump," age 35, Laborer, birthplace Ohio, parentage Pennsylvania
- [S415] Ancestral File (R), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, (Copyright (c) 1987, June 1998, data as of 5 January 1998).
- [S423] Obituary (Reliability: 3).
Another Good Woman Called Hence--An Active Church Worker.
Moroni, Sanpete Co., Sept. 16.--On Sunday last [Sept. 13th] the remains of Mrs. Mary Amanda Story, wife of the late George A. Story, were interred in our city cemetery.
Deceased was the daughter of David and Barbara Kump. Born in Mahoning county, O., Dec. 16, 1832. She came to Moroni in the early seventies, subsequently joined the Church and became an active worker in the Relief society, of which she was an honored member until her demise. Though enfeebled with age, pneumonia was the cause of her death, which took place in about six days after the attack. She passed away peacefully to a well earned rest. She is survived by one son and three daughters, and a large number of grandchildren.
Consoling remarks were made at the services by Elder A. Hardy, A. A. Bradley, Jos. L. Jolley and Bishop Bradley. A large concourse assembled to honor the memory of our departed sister.
[Published in the Deseret News, 21 Sep 1903. Research by Chad G. Nichols]
- [S217] Personal Research & Library, Laura C. Kump, Kump, Laura C., (545 E. 2600 N., North Ogden, UT 84414 [Laura presented her genealogical work to Chad G. Nichols in 2006]) (Reliability: 3).
b. Trumbull Co, Ohio
d. 10 Sep 1903 Moroni
(source: Deseret News)
- [S335] Genealogical Reports for the Historical Society of York County: Vol XVI, pp 112-23, Young, Henry James, (York, Pennsylvania : 1937), P 119 (Reliability: 3).
Vital Records of Christ Lutheran Church at York, Pennsylvania: "David Kumpf" & "Barbara Naylor" in 1825
- [S49] Vital Records of Christ Lutheran Church of York, Pennsylvania, Young, Henry James, (1933-1936, 1940, [FHL 974.841/Y1 K2y 8 vols.; also on microfilm FHL 1320516 Items 1-4]), VOL V, P 36 (Reliability: 3).
David Kumpf md Barbara Naylor 1825
- [S184] Western States Marriage Record Index, BYU-Idaho Family History Center, 240A McKay Library, 525 S Center, Rexburg, Idaho 83460-0405, (Rexburg, ID : BYU-Idaho Archives [2004--], available online at abish.byui.edu/specialCollections/westernStates/sea), ID 250390, VOL 3 P 299 (Reliability: 3).
George A. Storey, age 71 of Moroni md Mary A. Kump, age 64 of Moroni 7 Jul 1897 at Manti, Sanpete Co, Utah
- [S379] Personal Research & Library, Robert "Bob" Kump, Kump, Robert, (153 W 100 S Apt 3, Rupert, ID 83350
Descendant of Zachariah Kump, Sr., through Dean Emerson Kump) (Reliability: 3).
George & Mandy were separated for about 25 years; During that time Mandy had moved to California with her daughter, Rosina. Eventually she moved to Sanpete Co, Utah. George eventually went looking for Mandy and found her there and allegedly they were remarried.
- [S72] Utah History Research Center, Utah State Historical Society, (Salt Lake City, Utah : 300 S Rio Grande St, Salt Lake City, Utah 84101-1182), SERIES 373, REEL 34, BOX 24, FOLDER 084 (Reliability: 3).
Plaintiff: Mary Story, case 1435, divorce, opposing party: Story