1744 - 1811 (66 years)
||Jonas Stidham [2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7] |
||11 Oct 1744
||Wilmington, New Castle Co, Delaware
||17 Oct 1744
||Christiana, New Castle Co, Delaware, USA
||2 Aug 1811
||Wilmington, New Castle Co, Delaware, USA
||Old Swedes Cemetery, Wilmington, New Castle Co, Delaware, USA
||28 Feb 2010 |
||Jonas Benjamin Lucasson Stidham, b. Abt 1693, Christiana Hnd, New Castle Co, Delaware , d. Aug-Sep 1776, Christiana Hnd, New Castle Co, Delaware (Age ~ 83 years) |
||Helena Eleanor Derickson, b. Abt 1704, Wilmington, New Castle Co, Delaware , d. Aft 1776 (Age ~ 73 years) |
||10 May 1727
||Old Swedes Church, Christiana Hnd, New Castle Co, Delaware
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Ingeborg Sinex, b. 22 Oct 1762, Wilmington, New Castle Co, Delaware , d. 1832 (Age 69 years) |
||23 Jan 1783
||New Castle Co, Delaware, USA
- LOCATION: Some websites indicate marriage took place at Holy Trinity Church
| ||1. Eleanor Stidham, b. May 1785, of New Castle Co, Delaware, USA , d. Abt 1811 (Age ~ 25 years)|
| ||2. Mary Stidham, b. 5 Dec 1786, New Castle Co, Delaware, USA , d. Bef 1811 (Age 24 years)|
| ||3. John Stidham, b. Abt 1788, New Castle Co, Delaware, USA , d. Bef 1831 (Age ~ 42 years)|
| ||4. Jacob Stidham, b. Jan 1790, New Castle Co, Delaware, USA , d. Yes, date unknown|
|+||5. Susannah Stidham, b. 3 Jun 1792, Christiana Hnd, New Castle Co, Delaware, USA , d. 6 Jul 1867, New Castle Co, Delaware, USA (Age 75 years)|
| ||6. Ingeborg Stidham, b. 30 May 1795, New Castle Co, Delaware, USA , d. Bef 1811 (Age 15 years)|
| ||7. Hannah Stidham, b. Abt 1797, New Castle Co, Delaware, USA , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||8. Peter Stidham, b. Abt 1799, New Castle Co, Delaware, USA , d. Yes, date unknown|
||13 Apr 2007 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||1800 U.S. Census|
1800 U.S. Census - Christiana, New Castle, Delaware: Jonas Stedham; Also listed is Jonas Stedham Jr., but relationship to Jonas Stedham is uncertain
||1810 U.S. Census|
1810 U.S. Census - Christiana, New Castle, Delaware: Jonas Stedham; Also listed is Josph Stedham of an unknown relationship
||Revolutionary War Plaque [22 Mar 2006]|
Revolutionary War Plaque in memory of patriots who served during the Revolution and are buried in Old Swedes Cemetery at Wilmington; Several names of relatives are listed: Lt. Cornelius Stidham, Jonas Stidham, Rev. Joseph Stidham, Lucas Stidham, William Tussey, John Vandever, & Justa Walraven
||Headstone [22 Mar 2006]|
Headstone of Jonas Stidham Jr at Old Swedes Cemetery at Wilmington, Delaware
- MILITARY: It is believed Jonas was a Revolutionary War Patriot. There is a plaque at Old Swedes Cemetery listing various patriots, including "Jonas Stidham."
WAR: Private in Captain Pierce's Company of the New Castle County Delaware Militia. A regimental return of Captain Robert Pierce's Company in the upper district of Christiana Hundred, New Castle Co., Delaware, Delaware State and Captain Craighead's formerly now joined together as one, dated March 7, 1778 lists Jonas  Stidham as private number 80 on the portion of the list, as formerly under Captain Craighead. Cornelius  Stidham is listed as Second Lieutenant number 53 on the same list. The occasion of the regimental return was the assumption to command by Colonel Thomas Duff of a number of companies from the first battalion New Castle County Militia. (Delaware Archives, vol 2, pp 753-4. Research by John S. Edinger of Greenville, Delaware)
NAME: Some websites list name as Joseph or Jonas Stedham/Stidham
- [S389] Timen Stiddem Society, The, ([online] homepages.rootsweb.com/~tstiddem).
- [S756] Nichols Online Library, Digital Documents Researched and Scanned by Chad Nichols & Relatives, Nichols, Chad G., (Catalogue of over 40,000 relatives with more than 5,000 of them having documentation to support their place in the family tree. Some recent generation surnames include Anderson, Broman, Campbell, Cloward, Conder, Dutson, Ericksen, Farmer, Holyoak, Kump, Kylen, Mendenhall, Nichols, Nielson, O'Donnell, Richardson, Roberts, Shelley, Stone, and Walker. Most ancestors are from England, Denmark, Sweden, and Germany.
7783 S 4950 W
West Jordan, UT 84081
USA) (Reliability: 3).
1800 U.S. Census - 000685; 1810 U.S. Census - 000688; Grave Marker - 002858; Revolutionary War Patriot Plaque - 002856
- [S490] 1800 United States Federal Census, United States. Bureau of the Census. 2nd Census, 1800, (Washington [District of Columbia] : National Archives and Records Administration
Microfilm of original records in the National Archives, Washington, D.C.), P 181 (Reliability: 3).
Christiana, New Castle, Delaware: "Jonas Stidham," 1 male under 10 yrs (Peter), 3 males 10-25 yrs (John, Jacob, ?), 1 male 45+ yrs (Jonas), 3 females under 10 yrs (Susannah, Ingeborg, Hannah), 2 females 16-25 yrs (Mary?, Eleanor?), 1 female 26-44 yrs (Ingeborg), 1 "other free person, and 1 "slave"; also listed are "Jonas Stidham Jr," "Cornelius Stidham," and "Peter Derickson," all have an unknown relationship to Jonas
- [S22] 1810 United States Federal Census, United States. Bureau of the Census. 3rd Census, 1810, (Washington [District of Columbia] : National Archives and Records Administration
Microfilm of original records in the National Archives, Washington, D.C.), P 164 (Reliability: 3).
Christiana, New Castle, Delaware
- [S100] Will Record, #K307, P 82 (Reliability: 3).
Names wife Elenor, sons, Cornelius, John, Jonas Jr., and daughters, Stenah, Ingebor, and Elenor
- [S121] Old Swedes Cemetery Records: Wilmington, New Castle, Delaware, Genealogical Society of Utah, (Salt Lake City, Utah : Genealogical Society of Utah, 3 Nov 1948), P 53 (Reliability: 3).
STIDHAM, Jonas, d. Aug 1811, age 67
- [S381] Grave Marker, LOT 322 (Reliability: 3).
Photo by Chad G. Nichols; The marker is no longer legible