1913 - 2000 (86 years)
||Parke Wilbur Bentzel [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] |
||9 Dec 1913
||West Manchester Twp, York Co, Pennsylvania, USA
||2 Apr 2000
||of York, York Co, Pennsylvania, USA
||6 Apr 2000
||Shiloh Union Cemetery, Shiloh, West Manchester Twp, York Co, Pennsylvania, USA
||2 Apr 2010 |
||Harry Clayton Bentzel, b. 5 Sep 1886, West Manchester Twp, York Co, Pennsylvania, USA , d. 5 Feb 1956, York Co, Pennsylvania, USA (Age 69 years) |
||Bertha Matilda Whitecomb, b. 12 Dec 1887, York Co, Pennsylvania, USA , d. 9 Jul 1969, York Co, Pennsylvania, USA (Age 81 years) |
||23 Jul 1905
||Shiloh, West Manchester Twp, York Co, Pennsylvania, USA
- MARRIAGE: Married at Shiloh Reformed Church
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- [S756] Nichols Online Library, Digital Documents Researched and Scanned by Chad Nichols & Relatives, Nichols, Chad G., (Catalogue of over 40,000 relatives with more than 5,000 of them having documentation to support their place in the family tree. Some recent generation surnames include Anderson, Broman, Campbell, Cloward, Conder, Dutson, Ericksen, Farmer, Holyoak, Kump, Kylen, Mendenhall, Nichols, Nielson, O'Donnell, Richardson, Roberts, Shelley, Stone, and Walker. Most ancestors are from England, Denmark, Sweden, and Germany.
7783 S 4950 W
West Jordan, UT 84081
USA) (Reliability: 3).
Family Marker - 001165; Grave Marker - 001166
- [S45] Engle Family History, ([Online] An Engle Family website has been established here in the year 2001 to explore the history of the family of Ulrich Engel (b.1711) and Anna Brächbühl Engel (b.1715), who immigrated from the Bishopric of Basel, Switzerland, to Donegal Township, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, in 1754 as part of William Penn's experiment in religious freedom.) (Reliability: 3).
Parke Wilbur Bentzel. Born on 9 Dec 1913 in West Manchester Twp., York Co., PA. Parke Wilbur died on 2 Apr 2000; he was 86. Buried in Shiloh Union Cem., York Co., PA. Parke Wilbur married Ethel Pauline Meisenhalter. Ethel Pauline died in 1990
- [S60] Personal Research & Library, Stanley C. Reiber, Reiber, Stanley C., ([email] sreiber # aol.com (change # for @)) (Reliability: 3).
d. Memorial Hospital
- [S357] U.S. Social Security Death Index, United States of America, (Washington [District of Columbia] : National Archives and Records Administration
Searchable online database at FamilySearch™ by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, www.familysearch.org) (Reliability: 3).
Parke W Bentzel
issued PA, b. 9 Dec 1913, d. 2 Apr 2000, last residence 17404 (York, York Co, PA)
- [S423] Obituary (Reliability: 3).
Parke W. Bentzel Borg Warner retiree
YORK - Parke W. Bentzel, 86, of York, died at 5:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital. He was the husband of the late Ethel P. (Meisenhelter) Bentzel, who died May 15, 1990.
The service will be 11 a.m. Thursday at Shiloh United Church of Christ, 2251 Willow Road, York. Burial will be in Shiloh Cemetery. Viewing will be 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at the LeRoy R. Leber Funeral Home Inc., 2290 School St., York.
Mr. Bentzel was born Dec. 9, 1913, in West Manchester Township. He was the son of the late Harry C. and Bertha M. (Whitecomb) Bentzel.
He was general superintendent at Borg Warner for 47 years, retiring in 1975. He was a lifetime member of Shiloh United Church of Christ, where he taught Sunday school and served as past Sunday school superintendent. He was a church elder and was instrumental in the building of the church. He was a member and past president of the York International 25-Year Club and a member and past president of the North York Lions Club.
Mr. Bentzel is survived by two sons, James W. Bentzel and John P. Bentzel, both of York; two daughters, Joanne E. Overmiller of Dover and Janis M. Heindel of York; eight grandchildren; 13 great- grandchildren; five sisters, Lois C. Eberly of Wrightsville, and Ruth B. Dallmeyer, Margaret E. Ross, Maryllyn M. Reisinger and Madellyn A. Libert, all of York; and several nieces and nephews.
Officiating at the service will be his pastor, the Rev. David E. Roe.
Memorial contributions may be made to Shiloh United Church of Christ, 2251 Willow Road, York 17404.
Published in the York Daily Record (4 Apr 2000); Transcription by Chad G. Nichols