1827 - 1919 (91 years)
||Sarah Wilkins [2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8] |
||24 Apr 1827
||Priors Hardwick Church, Priors Hardwick, Warwickshire Co, England
||10 Jan 1850
||Liverpool, Lancashire Co, England
|46th Company, Elder Jeter Clinton, Departed on the "Argo" |
||11 Mar 1850
||New Orleans, Orleans Co, Louisiana, USA
|Arrived on the "Argo" |
||29 May 1857
||20 Apr 1910
||Parowan, Iron Co, Utah, USA
||2 Apr 1919
||Parowan, Iron Co, Utah, USA
||Parowan City Cemetery, Parowan, Iron Co, Utah, USA 
||20 Sep 2007 |
||Nathaniel Wilkins, b. Abt 1798, Priors Hardwick, Warwickshire Co, England , d. Abt 1872 (Age ~ 74 years) |
||Alicia Plant, b. 29 Aug 1796, Napton, Warwickshire Co, England , d. 14 Dec 1867, Napton, Warwickshire Co, England (Age 71 years) |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||William Holyoak, b. 12 Apr 1825, Birmingham, Warwickshire Co, England , d. 28 Mar 1914, Parowan, Iron Co, Utah, USA (Age 88 years) |
||27 Dec 1849
||Priore, Hardwick, Warwickshire Co, England
| ||1. Mary Ann Holyoak, b. 9 Sep 1850, St. Joseph, Buchanan Co, Missouri, USA , d. 9 Oct 1850 (Age 0 years)|
| ||2. George Washington Holyoak, b. 15 Dec 1851, St. Joseph, Buchanan Co, Missouri, USA , d. 26 Feb 1852 (Age 0 years)|
|+||3. Jane Elizabeth Holyoak, b. 28 Aug 1853, Andrews Co, Missouri, USA , d. 8 Nov 1885, Parowan, Iron Co, Utah, USA (Age 32 years)|
|+||4. William Edgar Holyoak, b. 28 Dec 1855, Filmore, Andrew, Missouri, USA , d. 23 Nov 1920, Great Falls, Cascade Co, Montana, USA (Age 64 years)|
|+||5. Sarah Permelia Holyoak, b. 29 Mar 1858, Parowan, Iron Co, Utah Territory, USA , d. 12 May 1948, Cowley, Big Horn Co, Wyoming, USA (Age 90 years)|
| ||6. John Henry Holyoak, b. 20 Mar 1860, Parowan, Iron Co, Utah, USA , d. 24 Jan 1861 (Age 0 years)|
| ||7. Heber Charles Holyoak, b. 21 Dec 1861, Parowan, Iron Co, Utah, USA , d. 17 Sep 1886 (Age 24 years)|
| ||8. Joseph Wilkins Holyoak, b. 26 Jun 1864, Parowan, Iron Co, Utah, USA , d. 7 Jul 1883 (Age 19 years)|
|+||9. Alice Lenora Holyoak, b. 18 Jun 1866, Parowan, Iron Co, Utah, USA , d. 14 Dec 1910, Parowan, Iron Co, Utah, USA (Age 44 years)|
|+||10. Martha Maria Holyoak, b. 7 Dec 1869, Parowan, Iron Co, Utah, USA , d. 24 Nov 1943, Lorenzo, Jefferson Co, Idaho, USA (Age 73 years)|
|+||11. Ella Eliza Holyoak, b. 6 Jun 1872, Parowan, Iron Co, Utah, USA , d. 31 Mar 1962, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake Co, Utah, USA (Age 89 years)|
||13 Apr 2007 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
Headstone [front] of William Holyoak & Sarah Wilkins at Parowan City Cemetery; Backside lists children John H(enry), Joseph W., and Heber C.; See another record in the database for the front
Headstone [back] of William Holyoak & Sarah Wilkins, lists children as John H., Joseph W., and Heber C. at Parowan City Cemetery
"William Holyoak & Sarah Wilkins," a history by Jessie Bishop. Transcription by Chad G. Nichols.
- [S756] Nichols Online Library, Digital Documents Researched and Scanned by Chad Nichols & Relatives, Nichols, Chad G., (Catalogue of over 40,000 relatives with more than 5,000 of them having documentation to support their place in the family tree. Some recent generation surnames include Anderson, Broman, Campbell, Cloward, Conder, Dutson, Ericksen, Farmer, Holyoak, Kump, Kylen, Mendenhall, Nichols, Nielson, O'Donnell, Richardson, Roberts, Shelley, Stone, and Walker. Most ancestors are from England, Denmark, Sweden, and Germany.
7783 S 4950 W
West Jordan, UT 84081
USA) (Reliability: 3).
Priors Hardwick Parish Church - 004204
Argo Historical Notes - 003432
Argo Passenger List - 003982
1910 U.S. Census - 000620
Photos - 000895, 001829
Grave Marker - 000259, 000260
History - 000189
- [S283] Mormon Immigration Index ©, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Genealogical Department., (Salt Lake City : Genealogical Society of Utah, 2000 [CD-ROM]), ALSO BMR, BOOK #1043, PP 13-30 (FHL 025690); CUSTOMS #70 (F HL 200163) (Reliability: 3).
"William Holyoak" & "Sarah Wilkins," departed Liverpool 10 Jan 1850 on the "Argo" with 402 immigrants; arrived at New Orleans 11 Mar 1850
- [S241] Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel Index, 1847-1868 ©, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, (Salt Lake City, UT : 2004-2007 [online] http://www.lds.org/churchhistory/library This index is the most complete listing of individuals and companies in which Mormon pioneer emigrants traveled west to Utah from 1847 through 1868. It is an incomplete listing, as rosters have not been found for all companies. It also identifies sources to learn more about the experiences of each company.) (Reliability: 3).
John Banks "St. Louis" Company departed Florence, Nebraska 9 July 1856, arrived at Salt Lake Valley 22 Sep to 5 Oct 1856; There were about 300 individuals and 60 wagons when the journey began; Listed are William Holyoak (age 31), Sarah Wilkins Holyoak (age 29), Jane Elizabeth Holyoak (age 2), & William Edgar Holyoak (infant)
- [S140] 1910 United States Federal Census, United States. Census Office. 13th Census, 1910, (Washington [District of Columbia] : The National Archives, [19--]
Microfilm of original records in the National Archives, Washington, D.C.), SHEET 8B, SUP DIST 1, ENUM DIST 53 (Reliability: 3).
Parowan, Iron, Utah: "William Holyoak," age 85, 2nd marriage, married 49 yrs, birthplace England, parentage England, harness maker, general; "Sarah," age 59, 1st marriage, married 49 yrs, birthplace England, parentage England
- [S375] Personal Research & Library, Dar L. Merrill, Merrill, Darwin L., ([email] darwinmerrill # yahoo.com).
- [S425] Holyoaks, From Kings Norton to the Everlasting Hills, History of George & Sarah Holyoak and their Descendants, Carlile, Minnie LeFevre, 1914-1999 (Holyoak Family Organization), (Provo, Utah : Community West Press, 1998), P 7 (Reliability: 3).
Individual # 6
- [S50] Parowan Times, (Parowan, Utah : Parowan Times, 1915-1960), PAROWAN TIMES NO 24, VOL 4, P 1, COL 6 (Reliability: 3).
SARAH HOLYOAK DEAD
Aged And Respected Resident Of Parowan Passes Away At Ripe Old Age.
This morning the spirit of one of Parowan's aged and highly respected ladies took its flight from this sphere of action to dwell with those of the faithful.
Mrs. Sarah Holyoak, who had reached the advanced age of 91 years was one of the first settlers of this city, and passed through all the hardships of early settlement. She was always a staunch Latter-Day Saint, and lived a life of usefulness compatible with the principles of the Gospel.
Next week we will endeavor to publish a history of her life from the time she arrived in Parowan up to the time of her death, which will tell of her activities as one of the pioneers of this valley.
Digital image by University of Utah; Transcription by Chad G. Nichols
- [S415] Ancestral File (R), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, (Copyright (c) 1987, June 1998, data as of 5 January 1998).
- [S153] Utah Cemeteries and Burials Database, Utah Department of Community and Economic Development, (Salt Lake City, UT : [2003--, online] http://history.utah.gov/utah_history_research_center/cemetery_burials/) (Reliability: 3).
Parowan City Cemetery 07-09-02
Sarah Wilkins Holyoak
d. 4 Apr 1919
parents: Nathaniel Wilkins & Alice Plants
(Research by Chad G. Nichols)