1855 - 1927 (72 years)
||Alfred Henry Stone [1, 2, 3] |
||25 Mar 1855
||Marlborough, Wiltshire Co, England
||30 Dec 1859
||St. Mary Church, Marlborough, Wiltshire Co, England 
||St. Mary, Marlborough, Wiltshire Co, England
||24 Oct 1927
||Newton Cemetery, Newton, Cache Co, Utah, USA
||3 Mar 2010 |
||Solomon Stone, b. 18 Jul 1822, Savernake, Wiltshire Co, England , d. 6 Mar 1891, Newton, Cache Co, Utah, USA (Age 68 years) |
||Catharine Ann Martin, b. 11 Mar 1818, Mildenhall, Wiltshire Co, England , d. 21 Apr 1901, Newton, Cache Co, Utah, USA (Age 83 years) |
||5 Oct 1843
||St. George's Church, Preshute, Wiltshire Co, England [5, 6]
- MARRIAGE: IGI Submission records md 5 Oct 1843 Preshute, Wiltshire
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
Illustration of the steamship Abyssinia, the ship that brought several Stone family members to the United States in 1882. The Abyssinia was built by J. & G. Thomson, Glasgow for the British and North American Royal Mail Steam Packet Co. (later Cunard Steam Ship Co). She was a 3,376 gross ton ship, 363.5 feet (length) x 42.2 feet (beam), straight stem, one funnel, three masts(rigged for sail), iron construction, single screw and a speed of 13 knots. She launched 3 Mar 1870. She started her maiden voyage 24 May 1870 when she left Liverpool for Queenstown (Cobh) and New York. She started her last voyage on this service 18 Sep 1880 and was returned to the builders in part payment for the new ships Servia and Catalonia. She was sold to the Guion Line and commenced Liverpool - Queenstown - New York sailings on 20 Nov 1880 and in 1882 was fitted with compound engines. Her last voyage on this route started 27 Mar 1886 and between 1887 to 1891 she ran on the Pacific for Canadian Pacific Line. She resumed Liverpool - Queenstown - New York route 28 Nov 1891 and on 13 Dec 1891 she left New York for Liverpool, but was destroyed at sea by fire 18 Dec 1891. All the passengers and crew were rescued by the German liner Spree [North Atlantic Seaway by N.R.P.Bonsor, vol.1,p.151]. Illustration courtesy of MyFamily.com, Inc.
||St. Mary's Church (Marlborough)|
Photo of St. Mary's Church, the parish church at Marlborough, Wiltershire Co, England. Courtesy of www.geograph.org.uk. Photo by Brian Robert Marshall
||1861 British Census [pg 1]|
1861 British Census [pg 1]: Solomon Stone family: Solomon Stone, Catherine Ann MARTIN Stone, and children: Ann, Mary, Francis William Spicer, Alfred Henry, & Solomon David
||Passenger Manifest (partial) [4 Nov 1882]|
New York Passenger Arrival List onboard the Abyssinia from Liverpool & Queenstown, Master Edward Bentley: Passengers Solomon Stone, Catherine Ann MARTIN Stone, Heber George Stone, & Alfred Henry Stone
||1861 British Census [pg 2]|
1861 British Census [pg 2]: Solomon Stone family: Solomon Stone, Catherine Ann MARTIN Stone, and children: Ann, Mary, Francis William Spicer, Alfred Henry, & Solomon David
- [S756] Nichols Online Library, Digital Documents Researched and Scanned by Chad Nichols & Relatives, Nichols, Chad G., (Catalogue of over 40,000 relatives with more than 5,000 of them having documentation to support their place in the family tree. Some recent generation surnames include Anderson, Broman, Campbell, Cloward, Conder, Dutson, Ericksen, Farmer, Holyoak, Kump, Kylen, Mendenhall, Nichols, Nielson, O'Donnell, Richardson, Roberts, Shelley, Stone, and Walker. Most ancestors are from England, Denmark, Sweden, and Germany.
7783 S 4950 W
West Jordan, UT 84081
USA) (Reliability: 3).
St. Mary's Church (Marlborough) - 005158
1861 British Census - 002463, 002464
Abyssinia Passenger List - 002610
Abyssinia - 002611
Grave Marker - 000760
- [S153] Utah Cemeteries and Burials Database, Utah Department of Community and Economic Development, (Salt Lake City, UT : [2003--, online] http://history.utah.gov/utah_history_research_center/cemetery_burials/) (Reliability: 3).
- [S519] 1861 England Census [database online], Ancestry.com, (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005. Original data: Census Returns of England and Wales, 1861. Kew, Surrey, England: The National Archives of the UK (TNA): Public Record Office (PRO), 1861. Data imaged from the National Archives, London, England. The 1861 Census for England was taken on the night of 7 April 1861), PP 14-15 (Reliability: 3).
St Mary, Marlborough, Wiltshire, England: Silverless Street - Solomon Stone, age 38, Ag. Lab., birthplace Preshute Wiltshire; Catherine A, age 42, Washerwoman, birthplace Savernake Park Wiltshire; Ann, age 14, birthplace Marlborough Wiltshire; Mary, age 10, Scholar, birthplace Marlborough Wiltshire; Francis W. S., age 7, Scholar, birthplace Marlborough Wiltshire; Alfred Henry, age 5, Scholar, birthplace Marlborough Wiltshire; Solomon D, age 1, birthplace Marlborough Wiltshire
- [S292] International Genealogical Index ® - Extracted Church Record, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, The, (Salt Lake City, Utah : Copyright © 1980, 2002, 2006
Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.), IGI C022921, FHL 97838 (Reliability: 3).
Alfred Henry b. 25 Mar 1855, chr. 30 Dec 1859 Marlborough (St Mary), son of Solomon Stone & Catherine Ann
- [S291] International Genealogical Index ® - Record Submitted by a Member of the LDS Church, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, The, (Salt Lake City, Utah : Copyright © 1980, 2002, 2006
Record submitted after 1991 by a member of the LDS Church to request LDS temple ordinances. No additional information is available. Ancestral File may list the same family and the submitter.) (Reliability: 3).
Solomon Stone md Catharine Martin
5 Oct 1843 Preshute, Wiltshire, England
- [S364] FreeBMD, Trustees of FreeBMD (Ben Laurie, Graham Hart, Camilla von Massenbach and David Mayall), ([Online]) (Reliability: 3).
Solomon Stone md Catharine Martin
Dec 1843 Marlborough, Wiltshire
vol 8, p 651
Research by Chad G. Nichols