Abt 1755 - 1843 (~ 88 years)
||William Green [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6] |
||prob Gloucestershire Co, England
||Hemhill, Lugwardine, Herefordshire Co, England
|Agricultural Labourer |
||25 Sep 1842
||Liverpool, Lancashire Co, England
||13 Nov 1842
||New Orleans, Orleans Co, Louisiana, USA
||St. Louis, Missouri, USA
||14 Mar 2009 |
||Jane Prosser, c. 29 Nov 1772, St. Bartholomew Church, Westhide, Herefordshire Co, England , d. 21 Jun 1849, near St. Joseph, Buchanan Co, Missouri, USA (Age ~ 76 years) |
||11 May 1795
||St. Bartholomew Church, Westhide, Herefordshire Co, England 
| ||1. Mary Mercy Green, c. 21 Jun 1795, St. Peter Church, Lugwardine, Herefordshire Co, England , d. 17 Dec 1813, Lugwardine, Herefordshire Co, England (Age ~ 18 years)|
| ||2. Sarah Green, c. 3 Mar 1797, St. Peter Church, Lugwardine, Herefordshire Co, England , d. 21 Jul 1888, Llangua, Monmouthshire Co, Wales (Age ~ 91 years)|
| ||3. Jane Green, c. 11 Nov 1798, St. Peter Church, Lugwardine, Herefordshire Co, England , d. 30 Aug 1854, St. Louis, Missouri, USA (Age ~ 55 years)|
| ||4. Esther Green, c. 22 Jun 1800, St. Peter Church, Lugwardine, Herefordshire Co, England , d. 6 Sep 1884, Cradley, Worcestershire Co, England (Age ~ 84 years)|
|+||5. Ann Green, b. 12 Oct 1802, Lugwardine, Herefordshire Co, England , d. 16 Jul 1893, Fillmore, Millard Co, Utah, USA (Age 90 years)|
| ||6. Elizabeth Green, b. 2 Oct 1804, Lugwardine, Herefordshire Co, England , d. 7 Feb 1883, Fillmore, Millard Co, Utah, USA (Age 78 years)|
|+||7. Susannah "Susan" Green, c. 1 Feb 1807, St. Peter Church, Lugwardine, Herefordshire Co, England , d. 10 Jul 1889, St. Pancras, Middlesex Co, England (Age ~ 82 years)|
| ||8. Phoebe Green, c. 2 Oct 1808, St. Peter Church, Lugwardine, Herefordshire Co, England , d. 7 Dec 1882, St. Louis, Missouri, USA (Age ~ 74 years)|
| ||9. Eleanor Green, b. 17 Dec 1811, Lugwardine, Herefordshire Co, England , d. Abt 1846 (Age 34 years)|
|+||10. William Green, Jr., b. 17 Dec 1811, Lugwardine, Herefordshire Co, England , d. 23 Jan 1894, St. Louis, Missouri, USA (Age 82 years)|
|+||11. Phillip Edward Green, c. 15 Dec 1815, St. Peter Church, Lugwardine, Herefordshire Co, England , d. 28 Nov 1894, St. Louis, Missouri, USA (Age ~ 78 years)|
||5 Jun 2007 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||St. Bartholomew Church [2 Apr 2006]|
Photo of St. Bartholomew Church at Westhide, England. Jane PROSSER was christened here in 1772 and William Green and Jane PROSSER were married here in 1795. Photo by Bob Embleton, courtesy of Geograph. Used by permission
- BIRTH: William Green's birth is estimated from John William Dutson's journal which records his grandfather being 88 years old at the time of his death in Apr 1843. John William recorded William's birthplace as Gloucestershire County
MARRIAGE: It is possible William married an Eleanor Prosser, as he was sealed to her in the St. George Temple in 1877, work performed by Ann GREEN Dutson Carling, listing Eleanor as her great aunt.
OCCUPATION: William Green was a shoemaker and gardener.
- [S756] Nichols Online Library, Digital Documents Researched and Scanned by Chad Nichols & Relatives, Nichols, Chad G., (Catalogue of over 40,000 relatives with more than 5,000 of them having documentation to support their place in the family tree. Some recent generation surnames include Anderson, Broman, Campbell, Cloward, Conder, Dutson, Ericksen, Farmer, Holyoak, Kump, Kylen, Mendenhall, Nichols, Nielson, O'Donnell, Richardson, Roberts, Shelley, Stone, and Walker. Most ancestors are from England, Denmark, Sweden, and Germany.
7783 S 4950 W
West Jordan, UT 84081
USA) (Reliability: 3).
1841 British Census - 003009
- [S57] 1841 England Census [database online], Ancestry.com, (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006. Original data: Census Returns of England and Wales, 1841. Kew, Surrey, England: The National Archives of the UK (TNA): Public Record Office (PRO), 1841. Data imaged from the National Archives, London, England. The 1841 Census for England was taken on the night of 6 June 1841) (Reliability: 3).
Hemhill, Lugwardine, Herefordshire - William Green Household:
--William Green, age 80, Ag. Lab.
--Jane, age 70, Laundress
--Jane, age 40, Laundress
--Phillip, age 25, Shoem.
--Ann Dutson, age 35, Laundress
--Jane, age 14, Laundress
--Eliza Bance, age 15, Laundress
--Margret Wistance, age 14, Dressmaker
--William Wood, age 15, Ag. Lab.
--John Seymour, age 14, Shoem.
- [S176] Dutson Family History, The, Nielson, Louise Lyman & Flack, Dora Dutson, (Utah : 1957, 114p), PP 89-94 (Reliability: 3).
- [S178] Dutson Family History, Volume 1, Revised, Flack, Dora Dutson, Nielson, Louise Lyman, & Bassett, Nel Lo H, (Springville, Utah : N. H. Bassett, 1998).
- [S415] Ancestral File (R), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, (Copyright (c) 1987, June 1998, data as of 5 January 1998).
- [S462] Herefordshire Family History Society Journal, Herefordshire Family History Society, ([online] www.rootsweb.com/~ukhfhs/), VOL. V, NO. 3 (OCT 1992), P. 78 AND NO. 7 (OCT 1993), P. 253 (Reliability: 3).
Wilford Woodruff's Journal:
"June 16 : Walked to Lugwardine. Preached at the house of William Green, father rof Elder Philip Green after meeting 3 were Baptized by Elder Green. Elder Richards & myself confirmed 11... Blessed 3 children Distance of the day 15 m.
March 9 : I walked in Company with Elder Richards & Thomas Pitt to the city of Hereford... their is a small branch of 7 members in Hereford (pop. 20,000)... we parted with Br. Pitt in this city & walked to Lugwardine... We called at Elder Greens... I met with the Church in Lugwardine for the last time... We spent the night at Br William Greens."
- [S461] Parish Registers of Westhide, Herefordshire, County of Hereford, England (Reliability: 3).
"No 36 William Green of the Parish of Lugwardine & Jane Prosser of the Parish of Yarkhill were married in this church by Banns this Eleventh day of May 1795 by Wm Devey Ministr.
Wm Green's mark
Jane Prosser's mark
Henry Hicks Gibbins
(Research by Chad G. Nichols)