Abt 1796 - 1877 (~ 81 years)
||Philip Lewis [1, 2, 3] |
||Herefordshire Co, England
||Ewyas Harold, Herefordshire Co, England
||21 Sep 1866
|Will Written |
||25 Jan 1877
||Ewyas Harold, Herefordshire Co, England 
|Cause: Chronic Bronchitis |
||29 Jan 1877
||Ewyas Harold Parish Church, Ewyas Harold, Herefordshire Co, England
||27 Sep 1877
||Hereford, Herefordshire Co, England
|Will proved |
||19 Jan 2011 |
||Sarah Green, c. 3 Mar 1797, St. Peter Church, Lugwardine, Herefordshire Co, England , d. 21 Jul 1888, Llangua, Monmouthshire Co, Wales (Age ~ 91 years) |
||2 Jul 1819
||St. Peter Church, Lugwardine, Herefordshire Co, England 
- CHILDREN: No children are mentioned in Philip's 1877 will (and Sarah was still alive); therefore it may be assumed they had no living heirs in 1877.
||19 Jan 2011 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||St. Peter's Church (Lugwardine)|
Photo of St. Peter's Church, the parish church at Lugwardine, Herefordshire Co, England. Robert Beckonsfield, Sr. & Elizabeth (10GGP) were buried in the cemetery. Thomas Beckonsfield (9GGF) was christened here in 1637. Ann GREEN (4GGM) was christened here in 1802. Courtesy of www.geograph.org.uk. Photo by Philip Halling
||1841 British Census|
1841 British Census of the Phillip Lewis household. John William Dutson was a shoemaker apprentice in this household
- [S756] Nichols Online Library, Digital Documents Researched and Scanned by Chad Nichols & Relatives, Nichols, Chad G., (Catalogue of over 40,000 relatives with more than 5,000 of them having documentation to support their place in the family tree. Some recent generation surnames include Anderson, Broman, Campbell, Cloward, Conder, Dutson, Ericksen, Farmer, Holyoak, Kump, Kylen, Mendenhall, Nichols, Nielson, O'Donnell, Richardson, Roberts, Shelley, Stone, and Walker. Most ancestors are from England, Denmark, Sweden, and Germany.
7783 S 4950 W
West Jordan, UT 84081
USA) (Reliability: 3).
St. Peter's Church (Lugwardine) - 005160
1841 British Census - 003331
- [S57] 1841 England Census [database online], Ancestry.com, (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006. Original data: Census Returns of England and Wales, 1841. Kew, Surrey, England: The National Archives of the UK (TNA): Public Record Office (PRO), 1841. Data imaged from the National Archives, London, England. The 1841 Census for England was taken on the night of 6 June 1841) (Reliability: 3).
Ewias Harold Comon, Ewyas Harold, Herefordshire - Phillip Lewis Household
--Phillip Lewis, age 45, Shoemaker, b. Herefordshire
--Sarah Lewis, age 40, b. Herefordshire
--John Dutson, age 13, Shoem Ap., b. Hereforeshire
- [S179] Our Dutson Heritage, Bassett, Nel Lo H, (Art City Publishing - Springville, Utah : 2006).
- [S877] Personal Research & Library, Nel Lo H. Bassett, Bassett, Nel Lo H., (1055 E Hillcrest Dr, Springville, UT 84663-2152 [email] inbassett # q.com) (Reliability: 3).
A will for Philip Lewis was found at the Principal Probate Registry at Somerset House. He died 15 Jan 1877 at Ewyas Harold, Herfs. He left the house and land at Ewyas Harold to Sarah, his wife. Others mentioned included: Edward Wistance, his nephew, Elizabeth Jenkins, sister to Edward Wistance and Eliza Bath, his late niece. His wife, Sarah, was named as executrix. This will was proved 27 Sep 1877 at Hereford
- [S310] Parish Registers for Lugwardine, 1538-1981, Church of England. Parish Church of Lugwardine, (Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1979-1997) (Reliability: 3).
Philip Lewis of the parish of Peterstow and Sarah Green of this parish were married in this church by banns with consent of parents this second day of July 1819 by me, Thos. Price, Curate.
In the presence of
William Green (X)
Jane Green (X)