The Wesleyan Cemetery has been moved two times. The original Wesleyan Cemetery was located on Franklin Avenue, near Jefferson, but no records exist. In 1851 the first move took place to Grand and Laclede. This cemetery was closed in 1878. The New Welseyan Cemetery was opened in 1878 at Olive Street and Hanley Road. This cemetery was closed in 1952 and the surviving remains were removed to Memorial Park (located at 5200 Lucas and Hunt Roads).